April 08, 2009

Easter


Lord, you have been a Shepherd to me.

You have cared for me and provided for me.

You have loved me even when I ignored you.

Your eye has always been upon me.

You have offered me unlimited grace.

You have sent your own son to die for me.

You have freely given your Spirit to live in me.

You give me access to you at any time.

You have given me life and breath.

You have brought wonderful people in my life who care about me.

You freely forgive me when I fail you.

You strengthen me when I am weak and needy.

You hear my prayers.

You delight in my love.

You have given me a secure and eternal future with you.

You have rescued me from the pit of hell.

You have chosen me.

You have gifted me.

You have called me to a meaningful place in the great cosmic battle against the enemy.

You have protected me.

You want me.

You have given me food and shelter.

You have given me a country of freedom and bounty.

You have been so good to me.

My cup overflows.

This is from our wonderful pastor, Jeff Wells, sent via email two years ago. I save all my favorite devotionals {trust me, I need to read and re-read them OFTEN}.

If you don't already have something fun planned for the tiny mites in your life {besides the classic Easter egg hunt} I think this is the neatest idea . . . Easter Story Cookies. The adorable gal who turned me on to this idea even put a printable PDF link on her blog.

"For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life handed down to you from your forefathers, but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect." 1 Peter 1:18-19

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Templates By Penny Lane Designs