March 20, 2012

Spring Chaos

As I type, I am being pampered at Salon Cameron Elizabeth.  She has sprayed my hair with pink & purple paint so that I will look like Merliah the Mermaid.  Next up is the {actual} hairdryer, followed by a quick check with the stethoscope, and then some more much-needed work with the {pretend} straightener.  If only she could touch up my roots. 

Spring Break wasn't much of a break, but it was definitely action-packed.  The hi-light was a four-day whirlwind trip to Midland Texas, where we drank lemonade and chased it with cold/cough syrup.  Ben had breathing treatments around the clock and we determined that sleep was for the weak.  Events included Mr. Gatti's bumper cars, pottery painting, serious furniture moving {Coco's house}, U-Haul rental, more furniture moving {Kate's house}, a quick trip to Toys R Us, Orange Leaf yogurt, and a whole lot of quality time in the car--eighteen hours to be exact--with a puppy in tow. 

Speaking of puppies, Coco has two little love-bugs, Annabelle & Emma, both of whom tolerated our Holly quite well.  It was fun to see all the Cavaliers together--five in total. 


Annabelle & Emma

My kids spent as much time as possible out in the West Texas wind, soaking up the sunshine and swinging with Paige.  They LOVE their cousin Paige . . .  I was horrible about taking pictures, but did get a couple happy shots of them swinging!



I've mentioned my parents moved back . . .  West Texas is simply home to them.  While it's been hard to see them go, we want happiness for our Big Dad and Kate.  Their new home is quite a bit smaller, and the downsize led to "French Country Estate Sale" of sorts.  My sister inherited a beautiful provincial buffet a deux corps and a killer chest of drawers.  She also snagged a tole tea canister lamp and a pair of candle-lit lanterns.  I scored a trestle base kitchen table and a reclaimed wood coffee table from one of my favorite companies, Sarried.  There is also a chair & ottoman, a pine console table and a small provincial chest.  SO MUCH FUN!  I love a silver lining! 

I will take more house pictures as soon as we get things squared away . . .  Right now it's fruit-basket-turnover at Chez Burkett! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Templates By Penny Lane Designs