October 12, 2011

Mom Duties

It's been a month since I blogged. 

I can't keep up.

I'm the girl who's shaving her legs in the shower, dreaming up smart and catchy blog titles, while my daughter stalks me outside the shower door. 

I'm the girl who night after night falls asleep, once again, without getting it all done. 

I'm the girl who wastes precious time on Pinterest, because it's mindless and fun. 

I'm the girl who volunteered to be Room Mom.  And is completely overwhelmed, but is loving every minute of it. 

Same girl juggles wife, mother, cook, housekeeper, chauffeur, laundress, gardener, book-keeper, hair-dresser.  These things are all do-able.  Some simultaneously.  But add in fingernail-trimmer, bed-maker, blankie-finder, kid-flosser, Barbie-dresser, book-reader, blogger and grocery-store shopper and things start to get fuzzy. 

I'm the girl who forgot to pack Ben's snack two days in a row {I paid dearly}. 

I'm the girl who hears her husband pull into the garage and panics over what to make for dinner. 

I'm the girl who forgets important dates, arrives late to pre-school, hasn't balanced the check book since June, and forgets to water her cherished flowers. 

I'm the girl who wants to blog, but is living life to the fullest.  I would promise to do better, but I would fail. 

And it's almost dinnertime, and I have no idea what we're having for dinner, so I've gotta run!

Cheers!

1 comment:

 
Blog Templates By Penny Lane Designs