December 18, 2009

Bonnie's Apple Walnut Salad


There is nothing like Bonnie's Apple Walnut Salad. It's perfection. And the red is so pretty on a holiday table. Super easy, super special . . .

1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp vinegar
1 tbsp flour
several red apples
walnuts

Combine flour & sugar, add egg, add vinegar, add buttermilk. Cook until thick, while stirring. Cool. Pour over diced apples and walnuts.

Darling Bonnie and her family are so very dear to me. They've been friends of my family for many years. Their son Stephen passed away yesterday. Please cover Bonnie & Red's family with your prayers.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39

1 comment:

  1. First, I am praying for you and your dear friends. I pray that the Lord covers them in His peace and love in the coming days.

    Second, I've had that salad and it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Templates By Penny Lane Designs